21 September 2008

Long Train Running

We moved into our student housing apartment 2 weeks ago.  It was so sad, leaving our nice big condo for the cinderblock box, but it is nice to have a permanent home.  Ryan has put a lot of work into emptying our boxes and arranging our home.  I got sick, got behind on my homework, and spent a week catching up.  Oh the joys of graduate school!  Today we went to a special Sacrament Meeting at Primary Children's Medical Center as part of our calling as "PCMC Reps".  Our stake has a branch at PCMC for the families that are in the hospital with their kids and can't make church in their regular ward.  We help out with visits a couple times a month and go to church with them occasionally.  Our first visit will be this Tuesday, and we are really excited.  I think it will help me a lot in my field as I see what the day-to-day is like for these families, as I will be working with families like them as a genetic counselor (especially if I go into pediatrics).  It's a great opportunity, and we're really grateful for it.  Hopefully I will get some more pictures on Facebook soon, and when I do I will post the links here.  I noticed that the last time we posted was the day before school started and Ryan started his job.  Hmm... coincidence?  I think not...
-Kara

No comments: