23 April 2012

Things My Kids Will Never Have to Do

The world is vastly different (technology-wise) now than it was when we were kids. I wonder if our parents, typing out their high school essays on a typewriter, ever imagined that we would be able to edit our papers without having to start them all over. Or that someday they would be able to say hi to their grandchildren and watch them play thanks to the internet. In the same vein, I can't imagine what kinds of new technology will be around when my kids are adults. So many things will be different for them as they grow up. They will never have to carefully choose what to take pictures of on vacation so that they don't run out of film. They will never have to buy a whole CD just so they can listen to one song. They might not even learn how to read a map!
It's hard to imagine what technology will come next. I wonder what it would be like to be the innovators who design and create the next big jump in technology. As for me, I'm hoping it's a teleport.

No comments: